Senior Robotics Engineer
Novit.AI is a start-up developing novel machine learning solutions to bring automation to scale. We combine information from radar and multispectral satellites with our globally deployable Edge AI devices to trigger unmanned land, sea or air vehicle actions for real world impact.
We are an engineering-first company focused on solving real problems in the world with state-of-the-art tools. We love automation and make heavy use of it in our own workflows. We place a paramount importance on learning and development and help our colleagues be their best selves through collaboration and tutorial sessions.
For AI to have real world impact, it needs to be able to interact and affect things outside a web browser. As the Senior Robotics Engineer, your main focus will be bringing our AI to drones and other unmanned vehicles in simulation and reality to advance complex workflows.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be proficient in system integration and ready to learn about all the other parts of our tooling, from hardware that runs the AI to the cloud devops pipeline managing what gets deployed on UxV’s. You will be leading the robotics function and onboarding the rest of the team on the proper usage of simulated and real workflows.
This role is hybrid on-site (ODTU Teknokent, Ankara).
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related engineering field
- Understanding of unmanned system fundamentals: sensors, actuators, autopilots
- Sound knowledge of control theory
- Native-level fluency in Python or C/C++
- Experience with ROS2 or other robotics middleware
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Experience in using simulation environments like AWS Robomaker or Gazebo
- Familiarity with low-level drivers, writing interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware
- Commercial drone piloting experience and knowledge of the global UXV industry
- Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, CAN and UART
- Rapid prototyping experience
- Experience growing a new function in a start-up or scale-up
Be part of the future! 🚀